AccelATHON – Inter College Hackathon
Bangalore Chamber of Industry & Commerce (BCIC) and New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE) are organising a Karnataka-wide Inter-College Hackathon (“AccelATON”) for Engineering Students spanning 3 days on the 12th to 14th April, 2019.
The theme of this Hackathon is to find Solutions to various Social Issues through Innovative mechanisms using Digital Technologies.
The Hackathon will be made available to Students of any branch of engineering and from any year/semester. This Hackathon is open to all Engineering Colleges in Karnataka. Colleges are invited to participate by sending their best teams.
Awards: There will be a cash prize to top 6 winners [1 First prize, 2 second prizes, 3 third prizes].
Another key intent is to invite corporates to participate to hire top talents from this Hackathon for Grad Positions and Internships. A number of corporates have confirmed their participation to hire.
Process and Key Dates:
1. Registration will close by the 30th March.
2. Teams will be communicated specific problem statement/sub-theme by the 10th April – 2 days prior to the event.
3. There will be a number of Industry practitioners present at the venue to support the students to refine their solutions with specialist knowledge, guidance and validation of the solutions.
4. The organisers will also run a small number of technical sessions on DevOps, Agile, etc. for the students.
5. Evaluation Demos will be conducted at multiple rooms starting 12 noon on the third day. Submission presentations have to be ready by all teams by that time.
6. Winner announcements be made between 5 pm to 6 pm on the third day.
7. Certificates will be issued to all participants.
REGISTRATION FEE OF ₹ 300 PER TEAM IS PAYABLE AT THE VENUE.
Venue: New Horizon College of Engineering, Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru.
The theme of the Hackathon is "Social Innovation" - the solution/innovation must use Digital (IT) Technologies.
The specific problem statement will be mailed to the participants by the 10th April, 2 days prior to the event. Participants can then use the next two days before the Hackathon starts to conceptualize their solutions and arrange for pre-requisites.
Participants are to expected bring their own laptop/equipment to develop the solution. Please ensure all your requisite software are pre-loaded when you arrive at the Hackathon.
Wifi will be made available. However, participants are requested to bring wireless dongle / smart mobile with data plan as backup.
Food at nominal cost will be available at the venue. Water bottles will be available for free.
Participants can be at the venue to keep working on their solution till late. However, night stay arrangements may not be available.
As a key goal of the Hackathon is to provide for placements and internships, representatives from corporate will be present at the venue to support the participants. On the 3rd day, the solutions
will have to be submitted before 12 noon. On the 3rd day, interviews / presentations will be arranged for select candidates at the venue.
Top 6 winners will be announced by the end of the 3rd Day. There will be cash prizes for winners.